Thursday, December 2, 2010

Favorite Holiday Songs

12 Days of Christmas: Day 10

I love all Christmas music, really. My husband can attest to that.  And anyone who has gotten in the car with me in July to hear Christmas music coming through the speakers...

But here are a few of my favorites listed out for you :) In no particular order.

  1. It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas - I love to listen to this one when I'm decorating!
  2. We  Need a Little Christmas - "We may be rushing things but - deck the halls again nowww!" I tend to celebrate the season a little earlier than most, so this is perfect for me :) Plus, I love how peppy it is!
  3. Oh Holy Night - just something about it. I love all  Christmas hymns and the tradition that comes along with them.
  4. Baby It's Cold Outside - the old Nat King Cole version. Even though it's not cold outside in Florida at all.
  5. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - reminds me of Christmas shopping with my mom and Nana when I was a little girl. And Home Alone :)
  6. Kenny G. Kenny G. Kenny G. - Any Christmas carol on saxophone is beautiful.
  7. All I Want for Christmas Is You - Oh Mariah....it's just fun :)
  8. Christmas Canon - I love the Transiberian Orchestra...and any coordinating light shows just put me right over the edge.
  9. Joy to the World - love the tradition, the meaning, all of it.  People always seem so happy when they sing it!
  10. Auld Lang Syne - tradition again. Do you see a trend?  I guess this is more of a New Year's Song, but I love the meaning, and the wrapping up of the season in one short verse.
And as a side note, I just walked through the lobby of my office on the way to pick up lunch...Christmas tree is up and lit, Christmas carols playing, seating arrangements and waiting area rearranged to face the tree, and no less than 35 huge poinsettias to greet you as soon as you walk in the door! Even the large conference room overlooking the bay has a pretty swag of greenery down the middle...very festive for a group of tax attorneys if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment