Saw this at the Florida Bar Pro Bono Resource Center earlier today when working on an assignment and thought I would repost for my classmates and colleagues!
It's not all about us folks...do what you can, with what you have, where you are!
The Top Ten Reasons To Do Pro Bono
- For every pro bono case I take, I undermine one more attorney joke.
- I can keep my paying clients while holding on to my dream of making a difference in my community.
- God probably won't care if I am "this close" to a billable hours bonus.
- My kids will think I'm cool.
- I don't get a pass on something this important just because I am busy.
- Pro bono keeps me in touch with my inner Atticus Finch
- Because saving a child or even a family is a life changing experience I will always remember.
- It recharges my batteries.
- Attorneys who do pro bono say it makes them better attorneys.
- Because I promised I would when I took the oath.