With it being the first full week of fall, I figured I'd share a few of my favorite "firsts" of the season with you today. Get out your pretty notebooks and start checking things off the list :)
1. The first pumpkin spice latte of the season: Check!
2. The first football game of the season (with wings, of course): Check!
3. The first pot of Eric's homemade chili: Not yet, but soon!
And I promise to share the recipe the first time we make it this year...seriously delicious. And healthy!
4. First chilly morning jog: ha! Not yet, and maybe never!
Oh there have been jogs, but not of the "chilly" variety just yet. Maybe in December the Floridians will start getting some of those :)
And when we do, I would like to run down this path please.
5. First time wearing boots: Hopefully coming soon!
These are my favorites from last year:
6. First Pumpkin Recipe: Coming this weekend!
I think I'll start out with my favorite whole grain pumpkin bread.
7. First round of mums and pumpkins: Coming this weekend!
I say "first" round because I normally get too fall-tastic too early, and the heat kills the first round, and then we have to buy a second by Halloween. Alas, I buy them anyway.
8. First pumpkin candle lit: Check!
Yankee's Frosted Pumpkin was my first poison of choice this year, my my alllll time favorite, Autumn Leaves, will be making a fresh appearance soon.
9. First fall decor: Coming this weekend!
It has been so hot here still, I just haven't found the mood. Or the time. But with this being the first of October, the time has come. This is a quick shot of part of last year's...I'll be changing things up a bit this year!
10. First fall trip: Coming the first of November!
We try to take what Eric calls my "leaves trip" every year. Hopefully we will be back in the Carolinas after I graduate from law school next year, and I will live out my leaves trip every autumn :) This year we are heading back to an old comfort zone for us...Asheville. The following is me, legitimately excited to see Christmas trees on our last leaves trip to Asheville two years ago. I am 4.
I'm linking up with Heather for her Fall in Love series on Tuesdays...won't you come share some more autumn eye candy with us?