Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bishop/Roberson Wedding

Amy's wedding was gorgeous. Simply gorgeous, and perfectly Southern.  I have no idea how she put so many personal, handmade touches into the day while being in nursing school throughout the entire planning process. The effort did not go unnoticed. Even though I live in another state, I felt like I was a part of the planning process the entire time, thanks to technology! Amy texted or emailed me a photo of every little step of wedding crafting, and it was so neat to see everything come together on her wedding weekend.  

Amy's venue was perfection - the most picturesque old schoolhouse. Complete with bell tower. Swoon.



And Amy's little details made it come alive...
 


We got to the venue earrrly on Saturday morning to direct the groomsmen make sure everything was set up properly. Of course we weren't tired, because of course we didn't decide to share her bed the night before, and of course it wasn't 2 am the last time we looked at the clock...and then kept chatting. I got up at 6 am to run beforehand. I should not have. I didn't stop running until 11 pm that night. Ha!

 After lunch, Amy and I headed back to her house to get her ready. Did I mention yet that I did her wedding day hair? I have never been so nervous in my life. I mean, I think I was more nervous to be responsible for her wedding day hair than I was for my own oral arguments and final trials in law school. No lie. At the end of the day, it worked out just fine because she was happy with it. But it took me several glasses of wine to get rid of the knots in my stomach from fear of messing it up. I wish I had lots of cute photos of this whole process - but the reality of it was that I got Amy completely ready before I did anything to myself (duh, she's the bride) and there was no way those makeup-less, frizzy hair, sweaty mess photos of myself were going up on any kind of social forum. You'll have to be satisfied with the finished products :)
 


This is Amy's mom's robe that Amy had shortened and monogrammed to wear while she got ready - isn't that cute?


After we finished her hair, we met up with the other girls and headed to the venue to get Amy into the dress, and get some photos before the ceremony. 
 


 


And took a moment to send this little gem to Josh...



 On Labor Day, you never know what to expect in South Carolina, weather-wise. Unfortunately, the heat decided to stick with us this year. But...everything was perfect at the ceremony regardless, and once the sun went down and the drinks were flowing, it made no difference anyway. 




And again, credit to Amy's photographer, Micah.

Congratulations again, Josh and Amy. I had a blast being a part of your most special day - we love you!

5 comments:

  1. Wowza. Gorgeous bride! Love her dress ... and the colors are fabulous. I want to get married again! (to Dan of course). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwww, LOVE the photo that was sent to the groom!!! Her hair looked amazing and you looked so cute!! And her dress was STUNNING. WOW! Looks like SUCH a fun day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous wedding!! I love that she took her mom's robe and had it altered and monogrammed to get ready in. Such a sweet aspect of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous wedding! You do hair now? ALL on the side of fighting for people's rights? Are you sure your birth mother wasn't a saint or are you just some kind of ancestor to Mother T? Just sayin!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love EVERYTHING about that wedding!

    ReplyDelete