Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ehh.

Have you ever baked something and then thought "ehhh.."? Not really the best thing I ever made?  I did a couple of weeks ago.  My husband spotted these in Target and I said, okayyyyy...maybe not everything made in our kitchen HAS to be healthy.  
 And who doesn't like Reese's? Except me as a child - the weirdo who didn't like peanut butter. But I digress. So I look on the back of the package and there is this nice recipe - that I have all of the ingredients for already - for Reese's peanut butter brownies.


It was a rainy day, Eric made chili, watched football, and I baked with Christmas music on in the background. Heaven, I tell you. I even took pictures of the process and was going to blog about them because I was just SURE that these would be the best brownies ever. 


Long story short, they sucked. They were wayyyyyy too cake-like, and not fudgy and chewy like brownies are supposed to be.  Like I assumed these would be because that ^ ENTIRE bag of chips went in it, along with an entire stick of butter, and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. And they had the texture of cake. My coworkers loved them...but we were left longing for true brownies.


So I'm not even going to bother sharing the recipe with you.  The Reese's chips are delicious - but find a different recipe to use if you want brownies.

Next time, I'll just eat the ingredients...



Heaven in a jar I tell you.  Peanut Butter + Dark Chocolate (with all whole. organic ingredients). Give me a banana, and I don't need anything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment