Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Christmas Event of the Season!

We have a fabulous outdoor shopping mall near our house called The Shops at Wiregrass.  A Pottery Barn less than 5 miles from my front door? I'm there. Every year they put up spectacular Christmas decorations...most notably a GIGANTIC tree. I'm not good at estimating measurements, or I would. Eric is shaking his head as he reads this. But the pictures say it best anyway!

The tree lighting ceremony was the Sunday before Thanksgiving this year and was completed by a light show to Wizards of Winter by the Transiberian Orchestra (which my husband bought me tickets to as a Christmas date night this year...love him).  The tree was absolutely beautiful and just the right touch to kick off the holiday season!



I had to wear a cardigan because it got down in the 60's that night! Can you believe it? Cold for November in Florida :)

So much that this was the only snow we got...
I'll take my shorts and beaches in January over messy, dirty, snow up North any day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment