Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break*

*Disclaimer (like any overly-zealous attorney) - I do not have a "real" spring break, as I work full time in addition to going to law school.  "Spring Break" for the purposes of this blog post simply means that I do not have classes this week. This does not mean that I get a week away from doing work for class, but rather, that I simply do not have to sit in the classroom for the allotted time period this week.

Oh well, hey there! Now that we've got that out of the way, happy Monday!  Even if I am working this week, I'm excited to be home before dark earlier than usual!  We had a fantastic weekend that included G's bridal shower and bachelorette party (pictures to come later!) and then a slowwwww Sunday. Yesterday, Eric and I slept until 10, somehow managed to make it to church on time, and then returned home to breakfast and several mugs of coffee for lunch. It was marvelous.

Since I'll be home in time for dinner this week, and Eric is in town, we decided that this is a fantastic time to try out some of the recipes that I've been hoarding in my email and Reader, but never have time to try when I'm in school. I normally aim to try three new recipes a month, but this week, I'm knocking out way more than that, and we're pumped! After a marathon supermarket trip yesterday, we're geared up and ready to go. 

These are a few of the things we have on the menu for this week:

Tonight:


and Crafty Mama's Best Breadsticks Ever (although I plan on trying these with whole wheat flour and making a couple of other adjustments to make them a bit healthier).




And for later this week:


Chicken Tikka Masala (We are huge fans of Indian food...we'll see if this tops the killer Chana Masala recipe that we love.)

Garlic Lime Tilapia 

Pioneer Woman's Braised Short Ribs


Southern Living's Pinto Bean Enchilada Stack (again, I change up some of the ingredients in this to ground turkey and whole grain tortillas to make it a little healthier. This one isn't new, but one of Eric's favorites, and a special request this week :) )


Maybe a few others and definitely some fresh veggie sides thrown in throughout the week! I'll keep ya'll posted on how these turn out!



1 comment: