Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend with the Pattersons

Last weekend, Eric and I flew up to spend the weekend with our friends Adam and Kristen. Adam and Eric have been friends since the 7th grade, and we all went to college together, so they are a "comfort zone" for us. 

The four of us at our wedding last April.
 The weekend was an extremely low key and relaxed one, which was perfect! Plus, we got to play with their new child dog, a precious Brittany Spaniel named Neyland. I am terrible and did not get one single photo of him. Eric, Adam, and Adam's dad headed out early Sunday morning for the U.S. Open golf tournament. They returned at around 9:30 that night worn out, but they had SO much fun! Kristen and I were promptly informed that the trophy in the photo below was THE U.S. Open Trophy, not just a prop. Duly noted.


Kristen and I were not so ambitious. We lounged, coffee-ed, chatted, chatted, chatted, played with the dog, lounged some more, and took our time getting ready before heading out at the ripe old hour of 1:00 p.m. or so. 

First stop: Wegmans Seafood Bar for lunch. We are not fortunate enough to have Wegmans grocery stores this far south. Oh, but if we did....right. Anywho, the Seafood Bar is like a little restaurant inside the grocery store (I could do a whole post on how amazing Wegmans is), and Kristen wasn't lying when she told me that it's probably the best seafood restaurant in the area. It was heavenly, a melt-in-your-mouth experience.

via
After Crab Soup, Tiger Shrimp, Scallops, Green Beans, Salad, and a coffee to go (for me of course), we headed out on our way to the day's main attraction: Old Lucketts Store.

Someone blogged about this store about a year ago, and after I realized it was near the Pattersons, I emailed Kristen about it. We then realized that we had driven by it the year before when we went to visit them! She was kind enough to humor my thrifting/antiquing spirit this year and plan a trip there for the two of us!

We were amazed by all the stuff there was. It was like sensory overload, and I still don't think we saw everything. There were quite a few independent vendor "sheds" outside selling antiques....





Then there was this little shop. Love the polka dotted shutters! The inside was amazing...very french inspired, which I'm just head over heels for right now after our little french excursion last month. Kristen and I saw the most amazing ruffled, linen bedding here. Every room had a different theme, and the craftsmanship was simply beautiful.





Ya'll...there was burlap everywhere. Monogrammed burlap. With ruffles. I was in heaven.

Then, we finally made it to Luckett's, the main store. It was 3 stories high and just kept going and going and going. It was also arranged by room, and there were quite a few atypical finds.


I was [this] close to buying a few of these old case law books from 1919. As you can imagine, the topics on the binding were quite different than what mine read today. One in particular read, "Slaves to Stipulations."

That little french blue vintage desk was only $200!

Vintage pearls everywhere. Made me wonder who wore them and where...




Yep, Luckett's had it all. Right down to this...does anyone know exactly what this is? It could be hanging on your wall for a mere $300!


We both left without buying a thing, miraculously. The only thing stopping me (on many occasions) was the size of my carry on. We hit up the outlets briefly (where the Cosmetic Company was a major letdown and had none of my shades of makeup in stock), and then headed back home to do some very important and strenuous things. You know like, lounging,  chopping veggies for dinner, walking Neyland,  and drinking Skinny Girl.  The boys came home, and we had a late dinner, followed by Kristen's homemade coffee and nutella ice cream. It was ridiculously good, and worth every single little calorie. 


Eric and I had a late flight on Monday afternoon, so we started the next morning off slowly as well, with Adam's homemade pancakes and then bloody marys on the back deck. It was a fabulous weekend with fabulous friends, and we can't wait to do it again.


And because I know you're reading this, thank you again Adam and Kristen for hosting :)And you should start a blog so I can link to you and so we can keep up with the day-to-day adventures of Neyland. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. When I went there that huge animal head was the only thing I didn't find inspirational. Lucketts is over-the-top loaded with goodies to enjoy! Thanks for posting the photos you took. You're right, even with all of the photos I had you had even more to share. Didn't you just love all of those interesting sheds/outbuildings? I'm going to do an entire post about those!

    ReplyDelete