Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Firsts

With it being the first full week of fall, I figured I'd share a few of my favorite "firsts" of the season with you today. Get out your pretty notebooks and start checking things off the list :)

1. The first pumpkin spice latte of the season: Check!


2. The first football game of the season (with wings, of course): Check!

via Pinterest

3. The first pot of Eric's homemade chili: Not yet, but soon!
And I promise to share the recipe the first time we make it this year...seriously delicious. And healthy!

via Pinterest
 4. First chilly morning jog: ha! Not yet, and maybe never!
Oh there have been jogs, but not of the "chilly" variety just yet. Maybe in December the Floridians will start getting some of those :)
And when we do, I would like to run down this path please.
via Pinterest
5. First time wearing boots: Hopefully coming soon! 
These are my favorites from last year:


6. First Pumpkin Recipe: Coming this weekend! 
 I think I'll start out with my favorite whole grain pumpkin bread.


7. First round of mums and pumpkins: Coming this weekend! 
I say "first" round because I normally get too fall-tastic too early, and the heat kills the first round, and then we have to buy a second by Halloween. Alas, I buy them anyway.   





8. First pumpkin candle lit: Check! 
Yankee's Frosted Pumpkin was my first poison of choice this year, my my alllll time favorite, Autumn Leaves, will be making a fresh appearance soon. 


 9. First fall decor:  Coming this weekend!
It has been so hot here still, I just haven't found the mood. Or the time. But with this being the first of October, the time has come. This is a quick shot of part of last year's...I'll be changing things up a bit this year!


10. First fall trip: Coming the first of November!
We try to take what Eric calls my "leaves trip" every year. Hopefully we will be back in the Carolinas after I graduate from law school next year, and I will live out my leaves trip every autumn :) This year we are heading back to an old comfort zone for us...Asheville. The following is me, legitimately excited to see Christmas trees on our last leaves trip to Asheville two years ago. I am 4.


 I'm linking up with Heather for her Fall in Love series on Tuesdays...won't you come share some more autumn eye candy with us?

5 comments:

  1. Your fall favorites are my fall favorites! It is my favorite time of year!

    I have those boots too and love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best fall favorites post I've seen! I love this time of year and it's so fun to see your fall firsts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I love everything fall as well... My birthday is usually on/around Thanksgiving so when everything starts to get "Fall-y" I start to get birthday fever!!! Haha...

    XO Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pumpkin bread looks good! i do the same with mums i always have to buy them twice! but i usually get them from school or some club so i feel ok spending the money twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post! Everything about it is perfection! I've never seen a real fall. Truer story. I live in Hollywood and it's pretty warm all year so we don't have a color change. Sad right? I'm heading to the south (for the first time!) in two weeks and so excited to see fall! There will be lots of poses like that of you in the last photo :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete