Thursday, May 31, 2012

Virginia by Cell Phone Photos

Eric and I took a little trip to Virginia over Memorial Day weekend.
He is doing some work in Richmond currently, and his office flew me up for the weekend.
 I'll primarily just leave you with pleasant photos.
But...a couple of things.

1) Memorial Day was my birthday, and our favorite day and stop, by far, was visiting Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson.
Our tour there was phenomenal, and we took our time, moseying around the property.
Charlottesville, VA is such a delightful little town. 
Eric and I added it to the list of places that we would be happy calling home. 



2) For those of you who find yourselves in Richmond, Capital Ale House rocks. 
You should go there. All the time.
And drink lots of draft. 
Because they have enough on tap to have a different one every day. 
What a wonderful thing.
And on Richmond, that's all I have for you folks, since we spent so little time there.
But...I bet Allie has many, many more recommendations for you. 

Capital Ale House lunch dates

 Without further adieu...
Williamsburg








Star Hill Love on tap at Food for Thought...try one.

Charlottesville








Something about exploring our nation's own history on Memorial Day just felt right.
At the end of the day, Eric and I made the weekend a good one :)


This weekend, we're super excited about some down time at "home" to do a little more birthday relaxing for me, and to celebrate Eric's brother's graduation.

I hope you all are having a happy, stress-free, short work week!



6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely weekend. How nice of his work to fly you over!?! Lucky birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww look at those baby ducks. I'm melting! Sounds like such a pretty time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute! I loved looking at these pictures. My aunt and uncle live in VA so next time I visit, I'm going to have to see some of those sights :-) Last time I was there, we just did touristy things like Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens. Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Such a beautiful state. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did Charlottesville without hitting some wineries?!? That calls for a trip back! Charlottesville is beautiful and their wine trails are wonderful! Glad you had a nice visit to Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam - It definitely calls for a trip back! Charlottesville was an unexpected day trip (I don't have enough energy to tell the reason why, ha!), so we had limited time. But I was dying to pop in every time I saw a winery sign!

    ReplyDelete