Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh the baking...

I love the holidays when my kitchen is a flurry of flour and cinnamon. But I always have the same problem.....way. too. much.   My office gets fed well.  My boss says all the time, I don't know how you work, are in law school, and still find time to bake goodies for us.  Baking is relaxing for me...put me in the kitchen with my KitchenAid and a good Christmas CD and let me go for an hour.

Last weekend, I decided to bake homemade cinnamon rolls, something I've wanted to try for a while. I should have known when the recipe called for 2 TABLESPOONS of yeast that it was going to be a big batch. I felt like my kitchen was overflowing with dough. Let's just say our house guests went home with a dozen the next morning...

And then one night this week, Eric decided he wanted homemade chocolate chip cookies. And asked by saying, "And do you think we can use regular flour today?"  Poor thing. He's tired of my healthier, whole wheat baking.  Okay! Sounds fun!  I whip up the dough, look back at the recipe..."Makes approximately 5 dozen." Are you kidding me?!? Thank goodness cookie dough freezes well. I froze 2/3 of it and still ended up with too many cookies.
But our house smelled yummy and now I have homemade dough (in small batches!) in the freezer for whenever Eric decides he needs a sweet treat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment